Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Low Down from the Mtn.

There has been alot going on around here so here is the low down from the mtn:

Church:

 - Our ladies fellowship has been meeting every week to work on crafts.  I have learned a little about quilting & crocheting so far.  I've made a quilted pillow & crotched a scarf for my GD (4).  We've also been busy w/ some service projects (making a meal to take to the Ronald McDonald house & having Christmas in July for our local nursing home), planning our ladies retreat in March, working on a quilt for our Pastor & his wife for Pastor Appreciate Day & working on gifts for our next Ladies Bible Conference.  Also have been helping w/ the monthly newsletter.

Relay for Life:

 - I'm the Community Promotions/Online chairs for our local chapter so I've been busy promoting the teams fundraisers, getting the word out about the Relay & starting a monthly newsletter.  I'm also the captain of our church's team so I've been busy with planning our fundraisers & the things we will be doing the night of Relay.  Plus trying to recruit some more team members, lol.

Home:

 - This is were I've been real busy, lol, my DS (20) & his wife are at the hospital as I'm writing this having my second grandchild, Kelsyn Ryan.  They live w/ us so we have been getting everything ready here at home for the new arrival.  We just had a baby shower for them this past Saturday & I'm helping throw another baby shower for DS (21) & his fiancee this Sunday.  Their baby is due next month.  She's been on meds & bed rest this whole month & the Dr. is taking her off everything Mar. 2nd so my 3rd grandchild, Jayden Lee, will be here before we know it.

As for other stuff going on around here:

- Hubby was given 2 - 12' x 6' decks a few months back, he & our sons finally put one of them up Sunday.  I'm so excited!!  I'll take pics when I get a moment to breath, lol! 
- My DD has signed up my GD for T-Ball so I will be going to her games come this spring - ah to be back to little league ball again, hubby & I are looking forward to it.  We didn't realize how much we missed it, it was such a big part of our family life when the kids were little, lol!!!
 - Been thinking about my garden for this year, I'm hoping I can get the guys to till up the new spot.  Last year I didn't have one & I missed it!!!
- Hubby & I have talked & we have decided to tear up the wall to wall carpet in the Liv/Din rm this summer & replace it w/ linoleum that looks like wood floors.  With 7 dogs in the house we don't think real wood floors would be a good idea, lol!!!

So there you go the low down from the mtn.  Well I better close it is after 5 a.m. here & DD will be here around 8 a.m. to pick me up to go to the hospital.  DS(19) has my camera so I'm hoping to have lots of pics to share of Kelsyn.  That's all from the mtn. for now, take care & catch ya later.

God Bless,
Gretchen

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great things going on in your life right now. I love how many activities your church is involved in. I'm looking for a church & that is one of the things I want. I want an active church!

    A new GD, how much fun :) I can't wait to see some pictures. Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete